Holton's Kindness Project
This year instead of doing our traditional Angel tree for the holidays due to the financial strain of the pandemic; families, students, and staff members are being asked to participate in a school wide kindness project! For the kindness project we are requesting the donation of small items to prepare care packages for students in need. Small items may include coloring books/books, crayons, snacks (nut free), hats, gloves, and any other new small items that you believe would spread holiday cheer to our students. Students, families, and staff members are also encouraged to create cards/notes for recipients to assist us in spreading kindness and holiday cheer. All donations should be submitted by Wednesday December 15th, 2021 to ensure that packages can be made and distributed to students before leaving for holiday break.
Please contact Mrs. James for questions or additional information about the Kindness Project
Red Ribbon Week
The 2021 Theme: Drug Free Looks Like Me!
This poster was created by Marin Wurst, a 7th grader at Solon Middle School in Solon, Ohio. The theme is a reminder that everyday Americans across the country make significant daily contributions to their communities by being the best they can be because they live Drug-Free!"
You can support us in teaching our Little Lions to be drug free by;
- Becoming a Red Ribbon Week Ambassador. Click here to find out how.
- Plant the Promise. Plant red flower bulbs to bloom in the spring as a reminder.
- Participate in the 2022 Red Ribbon Theme Contest and win $500. Click here for details.
- Take the #DrugFreeLooksLikeMe Social Media Challenge. Show us what Drug Free Looks like! Have someone take a picture of you holding up the Red Ribbon Theme Sign and post it to Social Media during Red Ribbon Week from October 23 through 31st. Add the hashtags #DrugFreeLooksLikeMe and #RedRibbonWeek. You could win an Amazon gift card!
- Family Table Time. Did you know that teens who eat dinner with their families are less likely to use drugs and alcohol? Family Table Time is an innovative, all-in-one, 52-week family activity kit that establishes lifelong healthy habits, rituals, and traditions. The materials will get you up to speed on having weekly family meetings including new character/value topics, creating memories from the week, and staying organized. It also includes a weekly fun activity - ideal for school-aged families - that promotes values, ethics and principles. Learn more by visiting their website: www.FamilyTableTime.com
taken from www.redribbon.org
Unity Day-Oct. 20
Wednesday, October 20th is Unity Day Across the Nation. This special day was created to unite all people in schools, communities and online against bulling. Those who don't actively participate in the national movement can express their support by wearing orange.